ALL FUTURE CLASSES HAVE BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO AN UNEXPECTED MEDICAL ISSUE.

Monday, September 13, 2010

December 2010 - Blazing Banyan Tree Alla Fauvism




December's class will teach the children using a fun subject the importance of negative and positive space in a design.

I will talk about the fascinating Banyan tree found in the Bayou.

Once the design is done and painted black we will color the positive space with oil pastels and add reflections.

Once the students realize how important the negative and positive shapes are in drawings, their skills will improve dramatically!

Artist Concepts: Negative space, blending and reflections.

1 comment:

  1. I do this project, too! I love how they turn out so successful!

    And I did the Crazy Cactus project yesterday with my 2nd graders! How funny!

    ReplyDelete